System State Restore
Recover critical system components using IBackup in case of a system crash.
To perform the System State Restore,
- Login to IBackup application and click the 'Restore' tab.
- Find and restore the System State Backup folder 'IBSystemStateData' from your IBackup account, to your local computer.
Once the folder has been successfully restored, click here to read the steps to restore System State Backup components to the original Operating System.
System State Restore operation on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 Web Edition
- Download the System State Backup file with .bkf extension from your account using IBackup application.
- Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup > Advanced Mode.
- Click the 'Restore and Manage Media' tab to select the .bkf file and the data that you wish to restore.
- You can also choose the location to which you want to restore from among the options provided: Original location/Alternate location/Single folder.
- Click 'Start Restore' to initiate the restore operation. If you specify the location to be 'Original location', the System state restore operation overwrites the current System State. To avoid this, specify the location as 'Alternate location'.
- Click the 'Report' button to view the log file. Once you close the 'Report' screen, you are prompted to restart your system to update the changes to the system, once the restore job has been