Speedy restore for your server and database files, via IBackup Express™
IBackup Express™ speeds up retrieval of your server and database files from the cloud account via physical shipment of temporary storage device. Using the IBackup application, you can directly restore files to MS SQL Server, MS Exchange Server, Oracle Server, MS SharePoint Server, and servers running on Hyper-V environment.
Steps for data restore
- Fill in the hard drive shipment form available at https://www.ibackup.com/newibackup/login/loginForm?from=hard_drive and specify the files and folders you wish to restore. We will ship your data via a USB hard drive
- Once you receive the USB hard drive, connect it to your computer using the USB cable, and launch the IBackup application.
- Go to the 'Server Backup' tab, and Under MS SQL Server section, click Restore.
- Provide the relevant authentication information when prompted. IBackup provides two modes of MS SQL Server authentication.
- Browse the USB hard drive and select the database files (*.dmp) you want to restore. The 'SQL Server backup/restore' screen appears.
- Click Restore and directly restore the selected database files (*.dmp) to your MS SQL Server.
- Disconnect the hard drive using the ‘safely remove hardware’ button.
- Repackage the drive and the USB cord into the box they arrived in.
- Place the return label on the box, bring the package to the post office and ship it back to IBackup.
The database files are restored to the MS SQL Server. Similarly, you can use IBackup Express™ to restore files to any supported Server or Database. Once all your files have been restored, you must ship the hard drive back to IBackup.
Note: Currently, IBackup does not support data encryption for servers and databases.