Faster backup for your server and database files, via IBackup Express™
IBackup Express™ uses Local Backup in IBackup to transfer files directly from your servers and databases – MS SQL Server, MS Exchange Server, Oracle Server, MS SharePoint Server, and servers running on Hyper-V environment via physical shipment of temporary storage device.
Steps for MS SQL backup
- Fill in the hard drive shipment form available at https://www.ibackup.com/newibackup/login/loginForm?from=hard_drive.
- Once you receive the USB hard drive, connect it to your computer using the USB cable, and launch the IBackup application.
- Go to the 'Server Backup' tab, and Under MS SQL Server section, click Backup.
- Provide the relevant authentication information when prompted. IBackup provides two modes of MS SQL Server authentication.
- Select the database files you want to backup and select the USB hard drive, you received, as the local backup location.
- Select 'Local Backup' radio button, and click Schedule Now.
- Select the 'Start the backup immediately' check box. The database files are directly transferred to the USB hard drive.
- After the files have been transferred, go to the 'Restore' tab, choose Local Device in 'Select files /folders for restore', and check if all your files have been backed up to the USB hard drive.
- Disconnect the hard drive using the ‘safely remove hardware’ button.
- Repackage the drive and the USB cord into the box they arrived in.
- Place the return label on the box, bring the package to the post office, and ship it back to IBackup. We will upload the data to your IBackup account.
Similarly, using IBackup Express™ you can backup files from any supported Server or Database. Once your files are transferred to your IBackup account, you can continue with incremental backups using the conventional online backup process.
Note: Currently, IBackup does not support data encryption for servers and databases.