Using the IBackup application, securely transfer files via IBackup Express™
IBackup Express™ speeds up your data transfers to the cloud account via physical shipment of temporary storage device. While transferring your files via the hard drives, Local Backup in IBackup encrypts your files using 256-bit AES encryption, with an optional private key. Moreover, along with file data, the file path is encrypted too. This means, even if the hard drive is lost or stolen, no one can ever access your files.
Steps for data backup
- Fill in the hard drive shipment form available at https://www.ibackup.com/newibackup/login/loginForm?from=hard_drive.
- Once you receive the USB hard drive, connect it to your computer using the USB cable, and launch the IBackup application.
- From the Backup tab, select the ‘Backup files to my local / Wi-Fi device’ radio button.
- Click the ‘Change…’ button and select files / folders for backup.
- Click and select the hard drive as 'Backup location on your local drive'.
- Click Start Local Backup Immediately.
- Go to the 'Restore' tab, choose Local Device in 'Select files / folders for restore', and check if all your files have been backed up to the hard drive
- Disconnect the hard drive using the ‘safely remove hardware’ button.
- Repackage the drive and the USB cord into the box they arrived in.
- Place the return label on the box, bring the package to the post office, and ship it back to IBackup.
We will upload the data to your IBackup account.
Once your files are transferred to your IBackup account, you can continue with incremental backups using the conventional online backup process
Note: If files are already present in your online backup account and those same files are also sent via IBackup Express, the backup files in your account will be maintained to avoid any conflicts. We recommend you to delete or purge existing data from your online backup account to upload duplicate files from Express device.