Online Backup Company Adds Unicode Support for Global Users to its IBackup for Windows application - PRWEB
IBackup (www.ibackup.com) the leading online backup and storage service provider has enhanced its online backup service by adding Unicode support to its IBackup for Windows Application.
Woodland Hills, CA (PRWEB) January 11, 2007 -- IBackup unveiled the IBackup for Windows International Edition for users who wish to backup files/folders across multiple languages. Users from all over the world now have an easy to use application that will fulfill all their backup requirements without any customization.
Unicode is a universal character encoding standard that supports the interchange, processing, and display of text that is written in any of the languages of the modern world. Unicode-enabled file spaces provide support for multi-lingual workstations without regard for the current locale.
IBackup for Windows -- International Edition is a Unicode compliant application with which users can backup and restore interactively or schedule regular online backups for Windows desktops, laptops and servers. Naveen Athresh, Project Manager at IBackup says that it supports almost all the international languages like Japanese, French, German, Spanish, Hebrew, Russian etc. The application has the look and feel of the native Microsoft Windows Explorer combined with some really powerful scheduling and logging features.
- Incremental and compressed backups that greatly reduce network bandwidth by transferring portions of file that have been modified/changed.
- Secure backups with the highest level of 128-bit SSL encryption on transmission.
- Backup/restore using mirror and relative path options.
- Easy-to-use wizards for interactive backups, restores and backup/restore scheduling.
- Ability to restore from the earlier Snapshots of files maintained.
- Automatic Selection of most common user data and the most common application data types.
- 'Automatic Power off' option after a scheduled backup (Works with Windows 2000/XP).
- Supports Open file Backup for most common application data types.
- Allows backup of critical system related components using 'System State Backup'.
- Supports one way Sync from PC to IBackup account.
Windows 2000, XP, Windows 2000 (Servers), Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2003 Web Edition Internet Explorer 5.0 and higher 64 MB RAM, 10 MB free hard disk space for the installed program, 20 MB or more recommended for local caching
We encourage you to set up a free trial and evaluate IBackup. Please review the link for detailed information on IBackup for Windows- International Edition http://www.ibackup.com/ibwin_international.htm
About the Unicode Standard
The Unicode Consortium is a non-profit organization founded to develop, extend and promote software globalization. The membership of the consortium represents a broad spectrum of corporations and organizations in the computer and information processing industry. Full members (the highest level) are: Adobe Systems, L'Agence intergouvernementale de la Francophonie, Apple Computer, Government of India - Ministry of Information Technology, Government of Pakistan - National Language Authority, HP, IBM, Justsystem, Microsoft, Monotype Imaging, Oracle, RLG, SAP, Sun Microsystems, and Sybase. In addition, there are about 100 Supporting, Associate, Liaison, and Individual members.
For more information, please contact the Unicode Consortium http://www.unicode.org
IBackup, a division of Pro Softnet Corp., is a leading SSP on the Internet and possibly the largest Integrated Online Storage and Backup Provider. Based in Woodland Hills, Pro Softnet Corporation was established in April 1995 and has successfully executed customized online storage assignments for many Fortune 500 Companies. IBackup is a leading provider of secure online storage, backup, access, data sharing and Remote Access solutions. Pro Softnet's services include IBackup (http://www.ibackup.com) and RemotePC (http://www.remotepc.com).
Ph: 818-5945972 x 107